Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Don't Blink!!

So, today is the day that we received the photo albums from the preschool that shows what your child has done all year while they were at school and you were running around like a mad woman trying to see how many things you could get done in those oh so short hours. Tears always fill my eyes as I look and realize how much a child grows in one school year. It is so hard when you are in the moments of five children at home. There are all the activities of the older kids, the temper tantums of the 2 year old, the sleeping issues of the baby. It makes you just want to wish your life to an easier time. But then you look at the pictures of your child from just September of this year to May and you realize that they are actually growing up faster than you want them to. These moments of babies waking up at night, 2 year olds painting the patio, 5 year olds putting their hands on their hips, 8 year olds arguing over the food you cooked that night, and 10 year olds desperately looking for signs of growing up will be over before I can realize that these are the moments of my life that I will look back on forever wondering where did it all go.

There is a country song out right now that sums it up "You're going miss this, you're going to want this back, you're going wish these days hadn't gone by so fast." So, instead of wishing for an easier time - my wish is that I can slow down and enjoy every moment before I blink and the moment has past me by.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Very true, Tammy. I want to see the cute books, too!

Lauren said...

That is very well put, Tammy! I don't have kids, but watching Katie with hers and Melanie with hers makes me realize that this is so true!

Welcome to the blogging world, by the way! :)