Saturday, May 24, 2008

What Did I Miss?

I think it is because I have been home with my kids for over 10 years. But I can't stand to miss anything of theirs. I never had to be at work and miss a major milestone. (Thank you Andy!) So, I'm just used to seeing everything that they accomplish. Now, that the kids are older and in multiple activities and the fact that we still have a baby, I'm finding that I'm having to miss events in my children's lives due to conflicts and I do not like it one bit!!

Right now, the girls are all on their way to a swim meet and here I sit at home. It is just way to hot for Brandon to be there for 5 hours plus he needs to have a morning nap. He is not known for good naps away from home. It is my turn to wait until Brandon gets up from his nap before I go to the meet. While in my heart, I know that it is only fair that Andy gets to see the beginning of the meet, I want to be there. I want to see each lap swam, every dive, every relay. Like I said, I have been spoiled by being at home and never missing out.

I know it is just the beginning. There have already been soccer games missed because some one else had a game or we had just had a baby. Before long, there will be 5 kids in activities and there will be no way to make everything. But it is hard for this stay-at-home mom to realize that there will be shiny accomplishments that will be missed and the play-by-play of the child will have to do. Of course, with the way my kids talk I will hear the play-by-play so many times, I will feel like I was there!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I completely understand!! I never even use to miss practices! Now I have 3 practicing at one time. It's that whole letting go thing...I don't like it. I agree though that it is great to hear about their victories in their own words!