Thursday, October 16, 2008

Recovering?

After several people have mentioned that I need to write a post, I figured I would take a minute and do just that.

I wish I could say that I had some exciting and fun times lately and that is why I just haven't had the time to post. It's not that. It's just LIFE.

I didn't realize that after the power came on that it would actually take away for life to return to "normal". I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that school started, stopped and then started again. Then all of the kids activities just hit at once instead of easing into it. Life has been crazy to say the least.

But it got me thinking about all of the people who are really having to recover still from Hurricane Ike. I know of several families in our neighborhood who's houses have tens of thousands of dollars of damage. I'm sure they look at the rest of us who have put the pieces back to together and say "don't forget about me". Or what about all of those people who's houses were literally washed away. If it is this hard to put the pieces back together for my family what must it be like for them.

With 5 children, I really can't do all that much right now but what I can do is pray. I am going to try very hard and remember and lift this people up in prayer every day so that they can feel the loving hand of our Lord while they still recover.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was wondering about you, but then again I haven't posted anything either. Glad to see all is well and Garrett is allll boy!

Katie said...

amen, sister.