Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday Brittany!

It is hard to believe but it has been 11 years since my first born child was born. Where does the time go? I guess the answer to that would be the raising of 5 children!

I started the tradition of taking lunch for my kids to the elementary school on their birthday when Brittany was in kindergarten. I have to admit, I was so not feeling it today. I waited in line for an hour to register Garrett for preschool next year, Brandon was fussy and I have so much to do before Andy and I leave on Saturday. Part of me was just cursing this tradition that I started so many years ago.
Then it hit me. This was going to be my LAST Birthday lunch with Brittany at Benfer. Last time I checked, middle school kids were not to hip on their momma's having lunch with the them at school. So, I decided to not worry about what was not getting done and how grumpy Brandon was and enjoy my moment with Brittany. I must say it was hectic but the best birthday lunch ever. So, happy birthday to my precious Brittany Marie. Thanks for having lunch with me.
The new 11 year old!

Brittany and Mom at lunch

2 comments:

natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Brittany! I remember student teaching and waiting for that call that I was going to be an Aunt! Sniff, Sniff...

Jennifer said...

Oh my. I'm not Brittany's aunt and I want to cry. I like the picture of you two. Looks like you also have a mini-me :)