Friday, April 24, 2009

These are the Moments

There is a country song out and the chorus has this line:

These are the moments when I thank God that I'm alive

That is how I felt this morning at 3:30 am. It was a simple gesture of love from my 3 year old that reminded me that life is good and I'm glad I'm living it.

Garrett came into my room and said he had to go potty. He went and then requested that I carry him back to bed. I obliged although I was secretly cursing my wasted sleep as I staggered half asleep into his room. I laid him down, tucked him back in and was walking out of the room when he called out.

"Mommy, you're my best friend"

I don't know why it struck me so much at that moment but it just reminded me that even though my children drive me crazy this is really all I've ever wanted and I have been blessed enough to have it and I could not ask for more.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Sweet Boy!

Susan said...

made me smile.

Katie said...

Awww. That's so sweet.

Jennifer said...

Oh! Didn't you just want to grab him and squeeze him?

Amy said...

My eyes got a little watery with that story!