Monday, July 14, 2008

While the Kids are Away - Mom and Dad Organize!

When we left New Braunfels, our car was a little bit lighter as we left Brittany, Allison, Caitlyn and Garrett behind. Heaven help Nana and Papa. The kids are spending the week in Fredericksburg having a good time between town and the country. Meanwhile, Andy, Brandon and I headed home. So, what are a mom and dad to do with only one baby at home? Lets see, so far we have cleaned out the garage, organized the backyard, gone through all the toys and cleaned out the pantry. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?!?!? Actually as any mom would know, the only way to get this stuff done is to do it without the kids around. Otherwise, they decide to touch and move everything you are trying to put away. I took a picture of the contents of the game room closet just so you would know the amount of stuff I had to go through. Some days, I wish I could just get rid of it all. I truly wonder if the kids would even miss it. But, unfortunately, most of it ended back in the closet. But hey, at least until the kids come back - it's organized!!

No comments: