Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Campout That Wasn't

I must have had sucker written on my face yesterday afternoon. You can always tell when kids are about to ask you to do something that you normally do not do. They have that very sweet look on their face with just the slightest smile. That was the look I received from 5 girls yesterday when they asked if they could camp out in the backyard last night. Now, we don't have too many sleepovers at our house because we have a baby who gets up all the time. So, I guess my guilty mother complex got the best of me and I agreed. The girls all had a great time but the camping part of the evening was over by 9 pm. Too hot was the verdict!! The campout became a sleepover in the living room. The kids were actually very good and went to bed at a good hour. Maybe sleepovers are not as bad as I am always fearing!
All the kids ready for a good night in the tent!Must have watermelon on a hot summer night!We have moved into the living room!The "sleepover hangover" the next day. Caitlyn feel asleep watching a movie the next day in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am scared of sleep-overs as well!! Sleep is still too precious to voluntarily give it up!

Jennifer said...

You are a brave mom, Tammy! They did look like they were having fun even if it was too hot.