Friday, June 6, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer!

Ahhhh, the lazy days of summer! Is there such a thing when you are a stay-at-home mom to 5 kids? Today is the lst day of summer. Let's see - the kids were all up by 6:30 am. Now, let me tell you I have been dragging Brittany and Allison out of bed at 6:45 for the last few weeks. So, today when they can sleep in - there were already in my room before I could even get dressed!! We, of course, have already hit walmart and swim team.

Then, what was supposed to be a one child playdate turned into a 4 kid playdate. I really don't mind having the whole neighborhood over as long as everyone is smiling. Right now, we have a game of hide-n-seek going on. We have already played the wii. But afterall, isn't that what they lazy days of summer are all about. Playing with the neighborhood kids all day long. I'm sure before long - okay when it is Garrett and Brandon's nap time, they will find another house to invade. I really do love seeing my children not have a care in the world and just play. I hope this is the 1st day of a great summer!
All of the kids eating lunch today at the house.

Allison and Alisyn boxing on the wii.

Garrett and Abby counting for hide-n-seek.

Brittany getting caught under the bed in the nursery.

How does Allison fit underneath my bathroom sink??Caitlyn and Brenden in the clothes hamper.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They looked like they were having a great time! I love the picture of Garrett counting and hiding his eyes- oh is he cute! Allison looks so grown up- when did that happen?