Monday, June 30, 2008

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Okay, a week and a half without a washing machine would be considered a horrible situation for most families. For a family of 7, it is a down right diaster. I know was a little naive when I thought the Sears repair man would come to my rescue and fix my washer on site. But to have to wait for 7 more days for our a washer - you have got to be out of your freaking mind. I have swim team towels from one end of the house to the other, dirty bibs from a baby who is not so good at getting the food into the mouth, a 2 year old who sometimes waits to long to go visit the potty not to mention the fact that children feel the need for multiple clothing changes in a day when they are 5. So, what is a poor mom to do?!?!?

Insert wonderful caring friends and a sister-in-law!! I spent last Thursday running from house to house with dirty laundry. My friends were wonderful enough to let me use their washing machine and drier. I did feel like my head was cut off trying to remember who had what and if I needed to move something to the drier but I got my clothes all clean. Then, yesterday, I did some more laundry. So, thank you Gayle, Sam and Amanda!! My family wouldn't be looking or smelling so pretty if it wasn't for you. And heaven help the Sears repair man if he doesn't fix my washer on Wednesday!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Tammy, you can come use my washer anytime. I hope the Sears man comes on Wednesday, otherwise, I'd be on the war path.
Hang in there!

Kimberly

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I leave for two weeks and see what happens. This would have been a perfect excuse for you to come visit :)

Jennifer