Monday, August 11, 2008

Meurer Reunion

We had the Meurer Family Reunion in Fredericksburg this weekend. The kids were all entertained by Sunshine the Clown who did magic and face painting. Now, when I heard there would be face painting, I assumed it would be the small little design on the side of the check. Oh no, Sunshine is quite the artist. I couldn't believe what she did to the kids faces. They thought it was great.

Here are all 4 kids along with Mackenzie (my niece who is spiderman).


Here is Brittany

Here is Allison


Here is Caitlyn


Here is Garrett


She was quite good at her magic too. She had all of the kids helping her out. Each time they were still amazed at how that one ball became two. Garrett kept saying "that was punny!". He doesn't have those "f" sounds down yet.

Here is Brittany helping out with the magic.


The reunion was very nice although a bit short. By the time, I watched Sunshine, feed the kids, listened to the raffle, people were leaving. It was nice to see them again though. Most of these people I only get to see at family reunions nowadays because we are all so busy with our families. It is such a shame that we are all pulled in so many directions.

Here is Brandon checking out his cousin Reagan. The two of them were so funny. They kept following each other crawling around the room. They took turns trying to poke each other's eye out and climb on top of the other person.

One of the things that I love about going to Fredericksburg is staying out in the country. I am definetly a "city girl". I love my garbage disposal, trash pick-up, nearby mailbox, neighbors right next door. But I love being able to spend a few days and being one with nature. There is something about sitting on the porch swing and actually "hearing" nature. It doesn't matter how quiet it is in Spring, you never get to hear all of the birds and insects around you. There are no stars to see at night. But I can go up to country and actually look at stars, watch a sunrise and let my children just run. There are no cars to watch out for, no other people around. They can just run in the fields and be a kid.

Here is the view from the porch swing.

Here are the kids running in field to the deer blind.Here is Brandon enjoying swinging on the swing set my parents put up for their grandkids.

I always tell everyone that I am a very lucky person in the fact that I have to go visit family in Fredericksburg. I couldn't think of a better place to be "forced" to go to several times a year. I only wish I had more time to go more often. It is calming for the soul!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks fun and peaceful! Love the face paint.