Monday, August 11, 2008

No Veggies Passed These Lips!

I have never had the best eaters as babies - okay, correct that - Allison was an eater. Nursing has been a struggle, babyfood a struggle, transitioning to sippy and real food a struggle. Once they got it; however, they ate their veggies just as well as anything else. I think I might have met my match on the veggie issue. Brandon just will not eat them. And he is already so smart. I put the food on his high chair tonight. First, I just put green beans and corn in the hopes he would just eat them. No dice. So, I gave him the cheesy noodles with chicken. The boy went crazy! Although, I think more got on him than in him. I then thought I would just sneak a veggie or two in. Oh no, Brandon can manage to keep the noodle in his mouth while spitting out the green bean. He can even manage to pick up everything on his tray but leave the veggies behind. How does he already know that they are the veggies and that they are good for him. What is a mom to do?!?


Here he is tonight eating his dinner - notice how he managed to take off his bib also! Can we say "stain stick".

3 comments:

Natalie said...

He wants to be like his Uncle Chad.

Jennifer said...

Brandon is so cute! I'm no help about the eating thing. Maybe he's more of a peas and carrots kind of guy :)

Kimberly said...

Can't help you here... Christina is four and won't eat a single veggie. But I do take a can of carrots, puree them and add them to my meatloaf mixture. Nobody has noticed yet... you do have to add a little more bread crumbs or cut back on your wet ingredients. My kids eat it up.
But kuddos to you for taking a pic of him covered in food. Those are the best pics.