Friday, August 29, 2008

Small Acts of Kindness

It was a normal Walmart trip for me. I just can't seem to get out of that store without my grocery cart completely filled. I was getting all of the things for the camping trip (of course, now I realize I forgot swim diapers and sunscreen so I guess I will going back). My cart was beyond full and there was just no way I was going to fit the 4 bags of ice that I had just purchased. I told Garrett that Mommy had to get another grocery cart and he could be my helper and try and push the other cart.

So, I've got Brandon fussing because we have already been at Walmart for over an hour, one grocery cart completely full with stuff falling out of it, and me trying to explain to my almost 3 year old how to kinda push the cart next to Mommy so I can keep the train moving. It was apparent to all that this was not working. I was trying to figure out how to push both carts when a woman that I did not know came and offered to help. She was walking in the store just beginning her shopping but she took the 5 minutes to help me get to the car. It was 5 minutes of her time but the difference it made in that moment of my life was priceless.

I always tell Andy that I pray to God that I will be that person. The one who gives the few minutes of her time to help someone. So, thank you Miss Kind Lady at Walmart. May God grant me the graces to give out a lifetime of kindnesses in repayment of yours.

No comments: