Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can You Give Me a Jump?

Can you give me a jump? I'm sure my hubby had no idea what he was about to get into when he asked this question to the man who pulled up to him at Best Buy. Andy had been the wonderful husband and picked up my camera that was ready. He got back into his car and it wouldn't start. He called AAA and was told that it would be 90 minutes. He called me and I said I was on my way. He decided that he would try to get done faster so he asked the guy who pulled up in front of him to give him a jump. It was a nice big, brand new truck - just what you needed to jump your little Camry.

I wish someone would have told us that big trucks, old jumper cables and little cars don't mix. I was not there when this happened but apparently the truck had too much power for our old jumper cables and our little car and a fire started. Luckily, no one was hurt. That brand new truck of the good Samaritan, however, will never be the same. It still ran but the bumper and headlights were melted by the fire. Our Camry was not as badly injured but still needed some repair. We have not heard from the guy who stopped to help - I am so crossing my fingers that the damage was not too costly! I guess only time will tell.

This has been quite the summer of mishaps for the Prewitt's and our personal and household items. I'm not quite sure what message God is trying to send me but I better figure it out soon!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my! I am so glad no one was hurt! That seems like a mean joke they would play on candid camera or something. Poor guy, can you imagine? Keep hanging in there Prewitts, God allows those most faithful to be tested most intensely!